Statement of Faith
Bible: We believe the Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God. It is a guide and standard for faith, life, and practice (II Tim. 3:16-17).
God: We believe that God is the creator of the Heaven and the Earth and exists in three equal persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4, II Cor. 13:14, John 1:1-3).
Salvation: We believe that all people have sinned (violated God’s
laws) and are therefore separated from God, condemned to an eternity in Hell.
(Rom. 3:23, Rom. 6:23, Eph. 2:1). However, because of His great love
toward us, God offers us salvation through Jesus Christ, who died on the cross
to pay the price of our sins (John 3:16-17). This salvation is offered as
a gift, and it must be accepted by faith in the sacrificial death of Jesus
Christ alone, not by any personal works (Eph. 2:8-9, Acts2:21, John 14:6, Acts
- to live for God's glory and conform to His teachings through integrity, honesty, love for others, service, purity, and prayer. (1 Pet. 4:7-11, Prov. 19:1).
- to fellowship and service (John 13:34-35, Heb. 13:16, Heb. 10:24-25).
- to strive for excellence in all that we do (1 Cor. 10:31).
- to show honor and respect toward others through words and actions. (Luke 6:30-36, Rom. 13:7, Phil. 2:3-4, Eph. 4:29, I Thes. 4:4, 7).
- to teach and disciple our children. (Deut. 6:6-9).
Compass Community is a Christian organization, striving to honor and glorify God in all that we do.
At Compass, all students are welcome irrespective of religion, race, national origin, or socio-economic status with the understanding that when matters of faith and behavior arise, we will defer to our statement of faith and values to be our guiding principles.